“Helping Children Soar” since 1972
Since its incorporation in 1972, our mission continues to strive toward meeting the needs of children and families throughout Cambria and surrounding counties.
The organization was founded on the belief that a rich intellectual, cultural, social and physical development is the right of every child. The goals of services provided by the agency are to provide a variety of educational and creative experiences and to act as a referral system for children and families. Our business is specifically focused on serving children and their families.
The corporation is a not-for-profit organization and over the past forty-five years, the groundwork was laid for projects that serve children and families. We have expanded from one program in 1972 to operating several licensed early childhood and school-age facilities, sponsor the Child and Adult Care Food Program, and house the Child Care Information Services of Cambria County.
Our programs have progressed with the changing needs of our community. We have numerous collaborations, partnerships, and relationships with area agencies and school districts with a focus on supporting families and children.
Our early childhood and school-age programs are certified by the Department of Human Services and are designated as Keystone STAR 3 and STAR 4 programs:
- Building Blocks Learning Center in Greater Johnstown High School, Johnstown, PA
- Conemaugh Valley School-Age Child Care, Johnstown, PA
- Creative Care South in the Johnstown City Center Head Start Building, Johnstown, PA
- Penn Cambria Before/After School Program at Penn Cambria Pre-Primary Bldg., Cresson, PA
- Treasured Times Preschool and Day Care Center on the Bishop Carroll Campus, Ebensburg, PA
- West Side Before/After School Program at Greater Johnstown Elementary, Johnstown, PA
Keystone STAR 3 PA Academic School:
- Morrell Neighborhood School PreK Counts Program, Johnstown, PA